Kevin has strong ties to the Northwest Indiana region, born and raised in Hammond and practicing law as a litigator and trial lawyer for almost two decades. He has devoted a majority of his practice to representing injured people since being admitted to practice law in both Indiana and Illinois in 1994. An active attorney, Kevin has tried dozens of jury trials in state and federal courts. Several of his cases have been reported on appeal and he is admitted to both the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court. Kevin prides himself on being honest with clients about their cases and promises always to represent them honestly and ethically, but to remain aggressive in his representation.
As one of the founding partners of Smith Sersic Kevin believes that a small firm can do big things. Representing people and small businesses allows focus on the people and the legal issues they have. Experience with large transactions and representing local and county government allows Kevin to understand the larger picture.
Kevin’s experience in personal injury litigation, business and real estate transactions as well as personal issues like criminal defense and wills and estate planning, allow a broad range of help that Kevin can assist people and their families at sometimes the most trying of times.
Kevin continues to be active in the community and with his family. He is a member of St. Thomas More parish in Munster. He and his wife keep busy with their three boys’ ever busy schedules. He is an active member of the American Association for Justice and a sustaining member of the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association.
· Morgan Park Academy (1987)
· University of Pennsylvania, B.A. (1991)
· DePaul University School of Law, J.D. (1994)
· United States Supreme Court (2010)
· Unites States Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit (2003)
· United States District Court, Northern District of Indiana (1994)
· United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Trial Bar (1995)
· United States District Court, Southern District of Indiana (2008)
· Indiana Supreme Court and All State Trial and Appellate Courts in Indiana (1994)
· Illinois Supreme Court and All State Trial and Appellate Courts in Illinois (1994)
· American Association for Justice, Member
· American College of Advocacy, Advocate (2001)
· Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, Sustaining Member
· Indiana Municipal Lawyers Association, Member
· Lake County Bar Association, Member